Senior event executives ready to raise the bar on value to members and the event community
SACRAMENTO, CA, December 11, 2019 –Celebrating 30-years of service to the events industry, Corporate Event Marketing Association (CEMA) today announced its 2020 new Board of Directors. The new board brings fresh, lateral thinking to CEMA’s growth, innovation, diversity and sustainability initiatives. Under its direction, CEMA will continue to create industry-leading educational and professional networking events, and groundbreaking study tours.
The 2020 CEMA Board members comprises senior event marketing executives from marquee brands:
- Chairwoman: Karen Cooper, Senior Manager Event Strategy & Development, Poly
- Vice Chairwoman/Chairwoman Elect: Stacey Kashubeck, Senior Director of Events, Dreamforce Production, Salesforce.com
- Secretary: Jim Kelley, VP of Marketing and Industry Relations, Fern Expo
- Board Members at Large:
- Colleen Bisconti, VP Global Conferences & Events, IBM
- Billi Little, Senior Event Marketing Manager, Symantec
- Maria Grasso, Vice President of Citywide Sales & Convention Services, Philadelphia CVB
- Sherri Ferren, SVP Client Success, George P. Johnson
- Dick Wheeler, President,ProGlobalEvents and ProExhibits
- Jessica Colmenares, Director of Sales, Hilton
- Sara Straw, Senior Manager Event Strategy, Sage
CEMA Board Members completing their second year of a two-year term include:
- Past Chairman Elect – Robb Trost, Senior Director, Strategic Business Dev., Freeman Company
- Treasurer – Paul Coulter, Director of Group Sales, Walt Disney World, Swan Dolphin Resort
- Board Members at Large:
- Diana Cam, Senior Director, Partner Marketing, Workiva Inc.
- Denise Fest, Senior Director, Corporate Events, Visa Inc.
- Robin Valenta, Sales Executive, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
“Our board reflects the tremendous talent and expertise of CEMA members, who represent more than $1 billion in event buying power and thrive on creating event marketing experiences that drive corporate business goals,” said Kimberley Gishler, President & CEO of CEMA. “CEMA offers our members the unique opportunity to connect, share and learn in a non-selling, peer-to-peer environment to accelerate each professional’s career goals.”
The new growth initiative builds on CEMA’s success on the west coast by sponsoring another Summit event on the east coast taking advantage of leadership innovations across geographies and vertical industries. The 2020 annual CEMA Summit will be held at the JW Marriott, Nashville, TN July 26-28, 2020. CEMA is also seeking leaders to share their learnings at Summit with a call for speakers open until February 1, 2020.
A voice for the industry, CEMA (Corporate Event Marketing Association) is the eminent community for senior event executives, association peers and industry partners. CEMA promotes professional networking opportunities, facilitates peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and drives industry standards. Through strong relationships with strategic partners, CEMA fosters both finding innovative solutions to business issues and continuous focus on members career growth. For more information, please visit http://www.cemaonline.com or call (408) 838-9809.