Board of Directors Nomination Form
Thank you for your interest in serving on the CEMA Board of Directors. CEMA is the premier community for corporate event marketing professionals and industry. To learn more about CEMA and to download our strategic plan, please visit the About CEMA area of our website.
Through a Call for Nominations in the Fall, the Nominating Committee begins the work of identifying candidates for the ensuing CEMA fiscal year. A slate of nominees is put before the CEMA Board of Directors for approval. Once accepted by the Board, the slate is voted on by the membership in November.
The CEMA Nominating Task Force is currently soliciting candidates for the board positions below. All listed positions are voting positions. Both Event Marketers and Industry Partners are eligible for all listed positions.
|Board Position||Term||Responsibilities||# of open positions|
|Vice Chairperson*/Chairperson of the Board-Elect||1 year, plus 1 year as Chairperson plus 1 year as past Chair elect (total 3 years)
*Must have served on the board for a minimum of 1 year before applying for this role.
|Fill-in on occasions when the Chairperson is not able to fulfill their duties – Coordinate between the two positions as Chairperson or Vice Chairperson||1|
|Secretary||2 years||Responsible for taking minutes at Board Meetings||1|
|Director At-Large||2 years||Contribute to the direction of CEMA||7|
Nominations for these positions will be collected through October 25, 2019. If you have questions about the process, please contact Angie Smith, Past Chair Elect, CEMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skillsets we are seeking
- Experienced Event Marketers & Industry Partners
- Executive leadership
- Marketing communications and campaign development
- Event technology
- Event Production
- Strong financial acumen
- Creative design
- Strategic thinkers
- Program design
- Research and Data Insights
- Social Media Strategy
- Content Development and Curation
- Hotel/Venue Operations
- Budget and Fiscal Management
- Association Governance
- Facilitation and Presentation Skills
Before submitting your nomination form, please be sure to review the qualifications and responsibilities required of these roles below. In addition, you should confirm your ability to make the necessary time and financial commitment.
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Support from employer/colleagues for the time and financial commitment required to attend the following meetings:
- Potential task force or committee calls monthly
- 3 face-to-face meetings each year (typically a 1 day commitment)
- Attendance at the annual CEMA Summit
- Ability to spend 1-3 hours per month on Board and Committee activities. This includes completing assignments that have been given to you as a Board member.
- Willingness to wear an “industry hat” (to contribute beyond personal business interests for the good of the membership and the industry).
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify and develop new products and services benefiting the CEMA membership.
- Ability to act with integrity and make decisions – financial and otherwise – for the good of CEMA.
- Willingness to recruit “New Members”.
- Willingness to actively promote CEMA as the Association for Corporate Event Marketing Professionals.
- History of active participation in the corporate event marketing industry through employment and volunteer work.
- Previous committee, association or volunteer work experience.
- Being comfortable with having and sharing insights and opinions on CEMA strategic direction and topics of discussion.
- Willingness to participate in CEMA Study Tours if your schedule allows.
The CEMA Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Overseeing the business affairs of CEMA, including financial reporting.
- Identifying and creating new products and services by consulting with, and receiving input from the professional staff, and by engaging in appropriate discussion and debate.
- Providing guidance on the strategic direction and programs of the “Association”.
- Identifying and grooming future Board members.
- Promoting consensus, cooperation, and participation among all members at every level. Each director is accountable to the CEMA Board of Directors and not any particular segment or interest group of the membership.
- Setting the policy and direction for the Association.
Directors serve at their own expense and are expected to assume the cost of travel and lodging for all face-to-face meetings and the annual CEMA Summit. You will be offered a $300 discount towards your Summit registration.
Board Nomination Form
This form will take 15-30 minutes and cannot be saved.